The Milky Way
How can we not include the most prominent galaxy in the sky, our very own Milky Way. This is a single 3 minute exposure of the milky way which is then composited with a long exposure of the terrain. Our Galaxy is a fairly large spiral galaxy at roughly 100 000 - 150 000 light years in diameter.
Details of How the shot was Taken
- Olympus OMD EM-5 Micro 4/3 camera
- Skywatcher Star Adventurer (Unguided)
- Olympus 7-14 F2.8 lens
- 1x3 minute exposure & 1 30 second exposure
- 1600 & 800 iso @ 14mm (24 equivalent) F2.8
- Taken: August 4, 2018
- Photoshop Adjustments:
- Combined both photos using a mask to remove the sky of the landscape photo.